Rib out of place

I have a rib out of place. The physical therapists called it a suluxed rib. I've been to two physical therapists and neither have been able to put it back in place. What they have told me is that not only is it out, not sitting right in the joint, it's twisting up to the next rib and not giving it any space. The vertabrae that it's linked with is also "twisting", left to right if you were looking at my spine. The #1 rib is also "raised."
My next appointment is with a chiropractor. I've never been to one before. What should I expect from him? Is it always necessary for an x-ray? Under normal circumstances should it go in right away and stay?
It's been out for about 5 weeks now, maybe pushing 6. The pain is constant and fluxuates between on a 1-10 pain scale, 1 being minimal, from 2-3 to 7-8 depending on how active I was the day before. The pain is always there though. I've never woken up in the morning and thought it was back in. Is this something you ever need surgery for?
I'd love to go into this next appointment with more of a clue, especially since I've never been to a chiro before.

Posted By Vee on September 11, 2009 at 17:47:49:

Anatomically knitted knee support incorporating contoured silicone insert surrounding the patella: The kinetically integrated guide counteracts lateralization of the pattella. During activity the insert not only counteracts patellar malalignment but provides intermittent compression for the reduction of swelling and edema.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Chiropractor ] [ Disclaimer ]
Follow Ups
Post Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Chiropractor ] [ Disclaimer ]


    We offer you an opportunity to ask specific questions to knowledgeable professionals. Any information posted on orthopedicquestions.com is intended for general informational purposes only and is not medical advice, and should not be construed as medical opinion, diagnosis or treatment. See your health-care professional for medical advice and treatment.
Foot Forum (Foot-Podiatry specialists)
Ask the PT-Athletic Trainer (Sports Physical Therapy specialist)
Ask the Chiropractor (Back and Spine Specialist)