My husband has been recently diagnosed with costocondritis. He has been in severe pain too. The only advise I can suggest is See a local doctor. If your pain is that severe you should be given narcotics to help control it. Also, if the Toradol shot worked for you - it is available in pill form by prescription. So this may be a good option. In looking on the internet there have been suggestions for relaxation techniques citing stress as a cause for this condition. It may be beneficial to try a chiropactor or go to your local spa for theraputic massages routinely. It might help. Anything is worth a try. Hope this helps. I know your reguest is old but I thought I'd reply just in case.

Posted By Melissa Pye on September 09, 2005 at 18:46:19:

In Reply to: Severe Costocondritis - need doctor to help posted by Vickie on July 25, 2005 at 09:14:54:

Silicone inserts leave radius and ulna pressure-free and provide intermittent compression to the soft tissue of the joint, leading to increased circulation, thus aiding in the resorption of swelling and edema.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Chiropractor ] [ Disclaimer ]
Follow Ups
Post Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Chiropractor ] [ Disclaimer ]


    We offer you an opportunity to ask specific questions to knowledgeable professionals. Any information posted on is intended for general informational purposes only and is not medical advice, and should not be construed as medical opinion, diagnosis or treatment. See your health-care professional for medical advice and treatment.
Foot Forum (Foot-Podiatry specialists)
Ask the PT-Athletic Trainer (Sports Physical Therapy specialist)
Ask the Chiropractor (Back and Spine Specialist)