After 6 months of nagging aches which have gradually got worse over time, I have just learnt that my left hip is higher than my right and is twisted. I only found out this because I paid for private physio after being told by my local NHS doctor that it was just muscle swelling. Unfortunately, getting our NHS physio is difficult (10 month wait)!

After 2 sessions, everything had been re-aligned, although I was still in pain. A weekend of walking has unfortunately pushed the pelvis back out of alignment and I have been advised to avoid sports for at least 2 weeks.

As a 39 male trying to get back to a 25 year old shape, giving up my sports is not good news. I fear I am not winning my battle with middle aged spread. I can either be an active person in pain or a couch potato. Mind you, the cost of the physio means I cannot afford to get out much anyway.

If anyone has suggestions for cheap sports that do not require much pelvic movement, please let me know. I have tried FIFA Football on the Play Station, but apparently, that is not good for posture either (and can cause lower back and pelvis problems).

Posted By Chris Hughes on August 07, 2006 at 14:57:23:

In Reply to: Re: TWISTED PELVIS posted by Ben Read on July 04, 2006 at 09:19:43:

Use this support to treat symptomatic pain from Chondromalacia patella Syndrome, Patellar Tendonitis, and Osgood-Schlatter's disease.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Chiropractor ] [ Disclaimer ]
Follow Ups
Post Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Chiropractor ] [ Disclaimer ]


    We offer you an opportunity to ask specific questions to knowledgeable professionals. Any information posted on is intended for general informational purposes only and is not medical advice, and should not be construed as medical opinion, diagnosis or treatment. See your health-care professional for medical advice and treatment.
Foot Forum (Foot-Podiatry specialists)
Ask the PT-Athletic Trainer (Sports Physical Therapy specialist)
Ask the Chiropractor (Back and Spine Specialist)