fat pad atrophy on ball of foot

I have what my foot doctor has diagnosed as fat pad atrophy on the ball of my foot. I have not been able to walk compfortably for quite a while. I am 84, male and weigh 162#. Is there anything you can suggest to cushion my shoe, also is there a specific shoe that I can purchase anywhere?

Posted By Lee Stewart on September 01, 2008 at 14:10:57:

A silicone insert on the back of the Achillotrain leaves tendon pressure-free and provides intermittent compression for the reduction of swelling and edema.


[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Pedorthist ] [ Disclaimer ]
Follow Ups
Post Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Pedorthist ] [ Disclaimer ]

    We offer you an opportunity to ask specific questions to knowledgeable professionals. Any information posted on orthopedicquestions.com is intended for general informational purposes only and is not medical advice, and should not be construed as medical opinion, diagnosis or treatment. See your health-care professional for medical advice and treatment.
Ask the Pedorthist (Foot and shoe specialists)
Ask the Physical Therapist
Ask the Chiropractor (Back and Spine Specialist)