shoe won't fit

I have very small feet with cavus defects. To complicate matters, one foot is over a size larger than the other. My right foot is a women's size 3 and the left is a size 5. Those sizes are not very common as most women's shoes begin at a 6 at best. My main problem is getting the size 5's to fit the smaller foot- mainly dress shoes. I have tried everything...moleskin, padding everywhere, etc. and nothing works. If I get a shoe that will fit the high arches, the smaller foot walks right out of it no matter what I do. I have even tried carpet tape! I once went to a podiatrist and ended up with rock hard inserts that cost over $1000 and wouldn't even fit in my tennis shoes. Needless to say, I am mostly in tennis shoes. I am married to a lawyer and at times I have to dress up- which means my foot kills me for at least 2 weeks- usually I end up with cuts from the shoe being too tight (in order to keep it on) or I have mass amounts of blisters. A friend told me that her daughter has one smaller foot and that she has an insert that fits over her toes to fill the gap. She says the insert is soft and spongy, but rigid enough to keep the foot from sliding forward in the shoe. Is there such a device? I am so disgusted and would very much like to find a solution. Any advice or suggestions much appreciated! Jane

Posted By Jane Harmon on March 29, 2001 at 23:14:31:

Lynco-L200, Lynco Conform System Full length with Arch Support Item# L200 (pair).


[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Pedorthist ] [ Disclaimer ]
Follow Ups
Post Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Pedorthist ] [ Disclaimer ]

    We offer you an opportunity to ask specific questions to knowledgeable professionals. Any information posted on is intended for general informational purposes only and is not medical advice, and should not be construed as medical opinion, diagnosis or treatment. See your health-care professional for medical advice and treatment.
Ask the Pedorthist (Foot and shoe specialists)
Ask the Physical Therapist - Athletic Trainer
Ask the Chiropractor (Back and Spine Specialist)