Achilles Tendon Pain

I strained my achilles tendon about 2 1/2 months ago. I went to a doctor and she gave me some exercises to do for my ankle pain and she encouraged me to gently stretch my calf muscles. Each time that I stretch my injured
leg, I always end up experiencing worse pain afterward. Also, if I walk a lot (like during shopping)my tendon hurts really bad after awhile. It seems to me that the my tendon is not healing like it should. I fear that I may be consistently
re-injuring it each time I try to stretch (and I have been very careful--it practically feels that I am not stretching much at all). When I get up in the morning I have extreme pain in my right heel and ankle area and it is difficult for me to walk for about the first 10 - 15 minutes. wo years. I have gone to the doctor who told me to wear a two inch heel shoe and to keep off my feet as much as possible.
I went to a physiotherapist and he gave my orthoetics but I still have sever pain. What else can I do? Do you suggest a splint?

Posted By Annamaria on August 16, 2001 at 15:31:22:

The Active Ankle offers flexibility and security. It will feel different from anything you have ever worn for ankle protection. The hinge allows freedom of motion that you may not be accustomed to. Do not mistake this freedom of movement for lack of support. A leading university said, the Active Ankle provides more support (inversion) than the leading air-stirrup brace, the leading lace-up brace, or a tape job.


[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Pedorthist ] [ Disclaimer ]
Follow Ups
Post Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Pedorthist ] [ Disclaimer ]

    We offer you an opportunity to ask specific questions to knowledgeable professionals. Any information posted on is intended for general informational purposes only and is not medical advice, and should not be construed as medical opinion, diagnosis or treatment. See your health-care professional for medical advice and treatment.
Ask the Pedorthist (Foot and shoe specialists)
Ask the Physical Therapist - Athletic Trainer
Ask the Chiropractor (Back and Spine Specialist)