Diganosed with "floppy feet"

I've lived with sore heels off and on all my life but the pain always went away. Now I've had it for 4 months and the pain is constant all over the bottoms of my feet! When I simply bend the foot to walk it is very painful. I do not have diabetes. I do 2 miles on the treadmill as often as possible to keep in shape and the cholesterol down. But now I can hardly bear my own weight on my own feet, I am small boned. This is becoming a no-win situation, to stay in shape without bringing on other problems. Otherwise I am in good health according to my regular doctor. I have flat feet and have always walked on the insides of them. Now it's catching up with me at age 52. My physical therapist believes that this is the very thing that has caused very painful piriformis syndrome in my left leg, because my back is fine. I can tell too because when I walk on the outside of my foot, I can sure feel it right where the piri pain is. I am considering seeing a podiatrist but would like to try some commercial inserts first. Any suggestions would be very helpful, and thank you. Sher

Posted By Sher on February 21, 2002 at 21:48:43:

The built-in arch stabilizer provides support for greater stability.


[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Pedorthist ] [ Disclaimer ]
Follow Ups
Post Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Pedorthist ] [ Disclaimer ]

    We offer you an opportunity to ask specific questions to knowledgeable professionals. Any information posted on orthopedicquestions.com is intended for general informational purposes only and is not medical advice, and should not be construed as medical opinion, diagnosis or treatment. See your health-care professional for medical advice and treatment.
Ask the Pedorthist (Foot and shoe specialists)
Ask the Physical Therapist - Athletic Trainer
Ask the Chiropractor (Back and Spine Specialist)