shoulder injury


i hurt my shoulder doing a loose interpretation of the Eagle pose from yoga(sensored:// if the link is not good for you, it involves intertwining the arms with the upperarms roughly perpindicular to the body, and the forearms vertical and the palms are facing eachother. anyway, pulling across with my left arm on top i hurt my left shoulder somehow. not too severely but enough to be noticable. this was about 10 years ago.

as little as 4 years ago, i couldnt do bench press without aggrevating it. as little as 3 years ago i couldnt do shoulder presss. i havent done weight training since. anyway, my shoulder always feels sore if i have to walk any real distance with a book bag on which is relativy infrequent. It is also more sore becuase i have started training a martial art, and on occasion it may be sore, but i just started the training so i dont know what makes it sore exactly.

anyway, i got some advice on another forum for some exercises for this and another injury. the other one was a knee one and the advice worked great. the shoulder one required aparatuses i didnt have at that time.

so my hope is that somebody can help advise me on some exercise i can do to restore my shoulder without using any equipment such as weights, resistance bands, etc.

thank you


Posted By Brandon on September 21, 2008 at 22:25:50:

The Calf Skin provides the calf with constant compression for both calf and shin area. Excellent in helping reduce shin splints, Bio Skin's light weight and low profile make it very easy to wear.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Physical Therapist ] [ Disclaimer ]
Follow Ups
Post Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Physical Therapist ] [ Disclaimer ]

    We offer you an opportunity to ask specific questions to knowledgeable professionals. Any information posted on is intended for general informational purposes only and is not medical advice, and should not be construed as medical opinion, diagnosis or treatment. See your health-care professional for medical advice and treatment.
Ask the Physical Therapist (Physical Therapy and Athletic Trainer)
Ask the Orthotist (Orthopedic braces and supports specialist)
Ask the Chiropractor (Back and Spine Specialist)